If you’re looking for relief from fibromyalgia or arthritis, you might just need a human touch. Massaging your muscles can help relieve your symptoms and send you into a state of deep relaxation. Natural therapies have become popular in recent years as people are becoming ever more wary of pharmaceuticals and their side effects. Massage might just be the answer you are looking for.
Best Selling Message Oils For Pain Relief
- Leafy Refresh - Our massage oil for massage therapy has a refreshing minty scent from eucalyptus and peppermint. With...
- Massage or Skin Care - Rub massage lotion for massage therapy to relieve pain on muscles, or massage on temples to calm...
- Relieve Stress and Sore Muscles - Blended with natural essential oils, our message oil helps to relax mind your mind and...
- MUSCLE PAIN RELIEF MASSAGE OIL naturally helps to heal aches and pains without pills or tablets. It is a healthier...
- OUR MUSCLE RELAXING OIL pure essential oils of lemon basil rosemary and carrier oil jojoba with Vitamin E were carefully...
- OUR THERAPEUTIC STRENGTH formula reduces effects & irritation from swelling. Our recipe is enhanced with lavender for...
- Balsamic Florals - Our massage oils for massage therapy has a soothing floral scent from the blooms of rose and...
- Massage or Skincare - Use massage lotion for massage therapy to relax your mind and body, lulling you to sleep at night....
- Relieve Stress for Better Sleep - Our natural message oil helps to alleviate stressful thoughts for a peaceful good...
- CALM DOWN - Our 1500mg Hemp Seed Oil Extract is designed to help you relax and unwind after a long day, or prepare for...
- GREAT TASTE - Our formula is flavored with delicious, fresh peppermint oil for a taste that will have you coming back...
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - No frills or fillers here! We only use 100% natural peppermint and hemp seed oil in every single...
- Pulse Recovery's mission is to provide you with products of only the highest quality that will radically improve your...
- The stress & anxiety of everyday life, consistent physical pain, and troubled sleep can really bring a person down. Our...
- Our Hemp Gummies are infused with 416.7mg of Hemp Extract in each piece to give you Maximum Results. You will benefit...
Massaging For Pain Relief
Studies have shown that massaging painful muscles and joints helps provide relief. One study found that patients with knee osteoarthritis who received weekly massages had significant improvement in pain, stiffness and physical function. Another study showed that patients who had massage therapy for arthritis of the wrist and hand experienced less pain and greater grip strength. Massaging for pain relief has multiple benefits for people who live with chronic conditions.
Benefits of massage:
- Increases serotonin, which reduces pain naturally
- Naturally increases deep sleep
- Increases range of motion
- Lowers anxiety and improves mood
Massage for neck pain
According to the U.S. National Institute of Health Statistics, a whopping 15 percent of Americans are plagued with neck pain. Massaging these overworked muscles relieves pain and stiffness. However, the results of massage for neck pain aren’t always seen immediately.
“Massage of the neck itself may exacerbate symptoms at first, but gentle massage of the arms, chest, legs, and back proves to reduce pain in the neck,” says Elaine Calenda of the Boulder College of Massage Therapy. “Myofascial release and thorough massage of all the neck, face, jaw, head and throat muscles, promote full healing and restoration of function.”
New research shows that timing is key to effective massage for neck pain. One-hour massage therapy sessions multiple times a week seem to be the most effective schedule to get the most out of treatment. “In the short term, 60 minutes of massage is better than 30, and you want to do multiple treatments a week for the first four weeks,” explained Karen Sherman, a senior scientific investigator at the Group Health Research Institute which conducted the recent study.
Use the following techniques to massage away neck pain:
Circular Friction: Use the tips of fingers or thumbs to apply pressure and some circular stationary manipulation to the area between the spine and the shoulder blade.
Gliding Stroke: Place the thumbs of both hands on the area between the spine and shoulder blade. Applying pressure, glide them down the muscle, following the pathway of the shoulder blade.
Shoulder Pain Massage
View this post on Instagram
Neck pain or a stiff neck are extremely common and can affect your life in so many different ways. Whether it be sharp neck pain, dull muscular aches, headache, or an inability to fully move your head, a sore neck can be very frustrating. We recommend our Kunzea Cream or Roll On for helping to relieve muscular neck pain 💚 💆
Massage is helpful when dealing with shoulder pain. Approximately 20 percent of Americans experience shoulder pain at some point throughout their lives. Half of these cases resolve in six months or less. The causes of shoulder pain can include bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, impingement, and rotator cuff injuries. Shoulder pain massage helps with all of these conditions by relaxing muscles and increasing blood flow, which promotes healing. Massaging a painful shoulder can also help to release restrictions in surrounding tissues, improving range of motion. It should be noted that massage is contraindicated if shoulder pain is the result of a fracture.
Use the following techniques when massaging painful shoulders:
Kneading Technique: Using the thumb, knead the shoulder. If you can stand it, use the fingers of the other hand to apply more pressure.
Circular Technique: Using the fingertips, apply pressure to the shoulder. Work your way up to the neck muscle following a circular pattern.
Here are some massage techniques for neck and shoulder pain.
Massage for rheumatoid arthritis pain
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks the joints, leading to inflammation and pain. Massage has proven helpful in relieving the pain of this condition. One study found that rheumatoid arthritis patients “reported relief from pain and stiffness after four once-a-week moderate-pressure massages.”
Several types of massage are particularly helpful to rheumatoid arthritis patients:
- Myofascial release
- Swedish massage
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
Here’s a video on giving yourself a hand massage for some quick relief.
Massage for back pain
Back problems are an extremely common problem in America and doctors are now prescribing massage therapy to ease the pain. Massage can be used to treat back pain that is caused by a variety of conditions, including muscle strains, spinal arthritis, and fibromyalgia. Swedish massage, neuromuscular therapy, and shiatsu massage are all effective forms of therapy for back pain.
Massage tools for back pain
Back pain doesn’t have to be hands-on. There is a wide array of massage tools for back pain available on the market today. Reaching your back on your own can be darn near impossible, especially when you are stiff and in pain. These devices allow you to massage yourself when you are alone or can’t get to a masseuse.
- Foam roller: Foam rollers are excellent for self-massaging your aching back. Smooth rollers tend to be more comfortable to use than those with a rough surface that looks like the tread on a tire.
- Trigger point cane: This device, also known as a back buddy, can help you reach your massage your back muscles on your own.
- Tennis ball: A good old-fashioned tennis ball is a wonderful tool for massaging knots out of back muscles.
Here are some massage techniques for back pain that you can have a partner or friend do for you.
Massaging at home
Let’s be honest, most of us don’t have stacks of extra cash just lying around, and a professional massage can be expensive. If you can’t afford the cost of a professional massage therapist, do not despair. You can still experience the pain relieving benefits of massaging sore muscles and joints, even if you are too broke to visit a masseuse.
The massage tools above are great for when you need a good massage, but are by yourself and can’t afford a trip to a professional massage therapist. There are also various devices, such as shiatsu neck massagers and chairs with massage features. Rest assured that there is a way for you to massage yourself no matter what the circumstances. The power of touch is available to everyone.
If you are lucky enough to have a friend or spouse who is willing to give you a massage, then here’s another video. This and the ones above can teach proper techniques for massaging you effectively.
Use Massaging to Relief Your Pain Today
Massaging your sore, tired muscles can help you relax and feel better. Massage therapy can even be a useful treatment for the painful symptoms of many chronic conditions. Make an appointment, buy a massage tool, or enlist the help of a friend and start using the gift of touch to naturally relieve your pain today.
Last update on 2020-12-31 at 22:02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API