Do you still need to lose weight after trying so many diets? Are you feeling sluggish all the time/? The Candida Diet might be for you. Losing weight can be easy for some folks but what if you are someone that after all your hard work, shopping, creating new recipes and skipping meals you still feel bloated, heavy and tired? What if every day you wake up with no energy, need a nap after lunch and can't remember what is on your to-do list? It could be because you are suffering from candida, and the candida diet is your best solution. Let's look at what candida is and how the candida diet is the helping so many.
Many types of fungi live in and on the human body, Candida is a yeast typically found in small amounts in the mouth and intestines. It may even affect the skin causing psoriasis or eczema. In low levels, the fungus is not an issue.
However, when Candida grows in excess, it can cause an infection known as candidiasis. When we feed the candida sugars of any kind, the infection grows and grows. Some symptoms are weight gain, brain fog, bloating, intestinal upset, headaches, allergies, acne and so much more. Things that may contribute to an overgrowth of yeast in the body are antibiotics, high sugar intake, high alcohol intake exposure to heavy metals just to name a few.
Simple Candida Test
Do a saliva test to see if you should try the candida diet. The test is simple and free!
- Spit into a glass of water first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
- Wait, a minimum of 15 minutes (and keep checking if nothing happens at first) to check whether the saliva stays on top of the water.
- If it begins to ‘grow’ down into the water and you see little white fibers… yup, that’s candida.
If you find candida, think about putting yourself on the candida diet. It has helped many.
What Is The Candida Diet?
The most important element in any candida treatment plan is your diet. Switching to a low-sugar diet deprives the candida of the food it needs to grow and spread through your gut. You should start your treatment with a cleanse, to clear out as many candida toxins. After a strict diet of about 6 months, you can reintroduce new foods back into your life. Adding probiotic to your regime is a must. The probiotic will help build new healthy bacteria into your gut. By adding foods that starve the sugars you will soon kill off the nasty fungi that is wreaking havoc.
- Avoid sugars even certain fruits
- Eat non-starchy vegetables
- Eat fermented foods
- Avoid gluten
- Enjoy healthy proteins and fats
- Drink lots of water
- Minimize your caffeine and alcohol intake
Candida Diet Recipes
Below is a sampling of some nutritious and delicious recipes you can easily create. As you become accustomed to new ways of eating will find new foods to be enjoyable and exciting. Knowing you are not only on your way to losing pounds but feeling better mentally and spiritually.
Cool Almond Mint Smoothie
Do you love your smoothies? This one is a great substitute for the high sugar drinks you find in the stores. it even makes a great dessert.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. Almond butter
- 1½ tsp. alcohol-free vanilla
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- 10 mint leaves
- 4-8 almond milk ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Serve in chilled glasses.
Muffins are filling and can give you that burst of fiber you need to get the digestive track moving. We love these.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, soaked
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Chia seeds
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 packets or 1 ½ tsp. powdered stevia
- 1 Tbsp. alcohol-free vanilla
- Coconut milk, cinnamon, coconut flakes, walnuts and pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Soak buckwheat groats with a pinch of salt overnight or about 6 to 7 hours in a medium bowl. Drain and rinse groats thoroughly with fresh water, drain again.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush a muffin tin with oil, such as coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, add buckwheat groats, coconut flakes, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, cinnamon and salt, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, add eggs, almond milk, almond butter, stevia and alcohol-free vanilla, whisk until frothy.
- Pour liquid ingredients into a bowl with dry ingredients, stir to combine. Scoop about ⅓ cup muffin mixture into each cup of the prepared muffin tin. Bake muffins for about 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins have browned around the edges and are firm to the touch. Cool muffins in tin for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm
Green Ginger Soup
Soup warns the belly and the soul. You will feel like a healthy warrior after this one.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 large leeks, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 bunch collards
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (plus more to taste)
- 2 quarts chicken stock or Kettle & Fire Bone Broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion over low heat with salt until soft and golden, about 20 minutes
- Add leeks to pot and cook for 10 minutes until soft, then add collards and ginger, sautéing for 5 more minutes
- Add chicken stock, then cook for 10 minutes
- Remove soup from heat and puree in a blender until smooth
- Pour back into the pot, heat and add lemon juice
Grilled Lime Chicken Salad
No reason to have a boring salad. Check this one out.
Prep time 40 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 chicken breast
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 chilies
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blend the lime juice, garlic, chilies and olive oil in a food processor.
- Pour into a Ziploc bag with the chicken breast. Seal the bag and let it marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a hot pan or grill, cook the chicken for around 5 minutes on each side, or until it’s cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with a simple green salad. You can use a dressing of olive oil, lime juice and sea salt for the salad.
Coconut Ginger Cookies
We all love dessert and there is no reason to skip out. This is one of our favorite things to snack on.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- 2 Tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- A good pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp. or 2 packets powdered Stevia
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Hulled hemp seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, hulled hemp seeds and salt. Mix well and set aside. In another medium bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add coconut milk, stevia and grated ginger. Fold until combined. Add dry ingredients and stir for 1 minute as coconut flour absorbs liquids. If the dough is too dry, add more coconut milk, a tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough on prepared baking sheet, sprinkle cookies with a few hulled hemp seeds. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until edges are brown. Cool and serve!
Candida Diet Success Story
Don Williams from Florida had been suffering from brain fog, low energy and constipation. When a friend suggested the Candida Diet, he wasn't sure it would help. He thought his food choices were already healthy ones. He ate lots of fruits and salads, drank smoothies and skipped dessert, but the Candida diet changed his life. He said:
" I cannot believe how much better my mind feels. I no longer suffer from confusion and forgetfulness. I have tons of energy and I have finally dropped those extra pounds around my gut. It was the best decision I ever made."
Research is pouring in about the brain and gut connection, giving the phrase "you are what you eat" a whole new meaning. Therefore, after much research, we have concluded that the Candida Diet is worth the effort. Any lifestyle change can be tough at first, especially switching to a no sugar, low carbs diet. You may experience yeast die off which can make the body feel weak at first. You are detoxing and this is good, so be patient. Drink lots of water and rest when you feel tired. It may take a few weeks to notice the positive effects but it will be well worth it.
Last update on 2021-01-01 at 03:02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API